Wednesday, March 13, 2013

On Blogging Again

It's been years since I last had a blog. Back then, I was still in high school and my posts were all about despair and poems - the usual teenage rants and raves and everything in between. Blogging was stopped when my life suddenly turned to a different direction where priorities were shifted and time for blogs were used for other more important things. But I'm starting at the wrong end here so let me start over again...

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is my first blog post in years so please bear with me. First I would like to tell you, my hopefully potential readers, something about myself.

I'm a young Filipina mom with three gorgeous daughters aged 11, 5, and 2 (I got married at 18). Sometimes my husband and I think we have more than 5 kids judging from the amount of mess they leave behind every day. We live in an Ilocano province somewhere in the north where superstitions and traditions run in the blood and family consists not only of the parents and children, but grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins as well; sometimes even distant relatives up to the nth degree!

Three Kids and Counting is about family and raising kids and everything in between. As someone who had kids at an early age, I know what it feels like to have her life turned 180 degrees without much time to adjust. Raising kids and having a family is not an easy thing to do. Sometimes it helps to know that there are others out there who are in the same boat. I wanted to create a blog like this for a while now in order to be able to offer tips and advises to young moms like me as well as start conversations and discussions on issues relevant to family life. With that, I invite everyone to feel free to ask, comment, and suggest. However, be warned that flaming or bashing is highly discouraged and these types of comments will be taken out immediately and used to burn wood in the kalan for cooking pinakbet.

So welcome dear potential readers to an Ilocana mom's life where things aren't always what they seem and the only thing you can do at times is to just go with it.

~ IM

No comments:

Post a Comment